I'm the Senior Editor, Security at WIRED. I've served as Gizmodo's Executive Editor (and several other kinds of editors), Politics Editor at the Daily Dot, Features Editor and Senior Reporter at Digital Trends, and Associate Editor at TheWeek.com.
Some work I helped create won the 2022 Edward R. Murrow National Award, Investigative Reporting; the 2022 NABJ Salute to Excellence Award; the 2022 Society of Professional Journalists New America Award; and the 2018 National Press Foundation Technology in Journalism Award. I also edited stories that earned finalist spots for the 2020 Gerald Loeb Award, Explanatory Journalism and the 2015 Digiday Publisher of the Year Award.
I live in New York's Hudson Valley where I have an unreasonable number of dogs, cats, chickens, and motorcycles.
• Goodbye Big Five, by Kashmir Hill and Dhruv Mehrotra
• Prediction: Bias, by The Markup and Gizmodo staff
• The Twisted Eye in the Sky Over Buenos Aires, by Karen Naundorf
• The Last Cell Tower in Mariupol, by Matt Burgess
• Google Is Helping the Pentagon Build AI for Drones, by Kate Conger and Dell Cameron
• The House That Spied on Me, by Kashmir Hill and Surya Mattu
• How China Demands Tech Firms Reveal Hackable Flaws in Their Products, by Andy Greenberg
• Ring’s Hidden Data Let Us Map Amazon's Sprawling Home Surveillance Network, by Dell Cameron and Dhruv Mehrotra
• The ‘Viral’ Secure Programming Language That’s Taking Over Tech, by Lily Hay Newman
• Parler Users Breached Deep Inside U.S. Capitol Building, GPS Data Shows, by Dell Cameron and Dhruv Mehrotra
• The Team of Sleuths Quietly Hunting Cyberattack-for-Hire Services, by Andy Greenberg
• The Hacker Who Hijacked Matt Walsh’s Twitter Was Just ‘Bored,' by Dell Cameron
• How a Major Toy Company Kept 4chan Online, by Justin Ling
• The Ungodly Surveillance of Anti-Porn ‘Shameware’ Apps, by Dhruv Mehrotra
• Ransomware Attacks Have Entered a ‘Heinous’ New Phase, by Lily Hay Newman
• This Is the New Leader of Russia’s Infamous Sandworm Hacking Unit, by Andy Greenberg
• An Anti-Trans Doctor Group Leaked 10,000 Confidential Files, by Dell Cameron and Dhruv Mehrotra
• China Is Relentlessly Hacking Its Neighbors, by Matt Burgess